This is a guest post by: Ashley Jones a graduate of NUS university of Singapore. After graduating, she began her writing career. She has 7 years experience writing a wide range of topics on weight loss, healthcare, nutrition, finance and travel. Ashley wanted to share this informative article for knee arthritis patients.
Read different options to treat knee pain. Non-invasive treatment is a natural procedures and Stem Cell Injection is another way of healing your knee pain.
Knee pain is one of the most common ailments that affects Americans. About 18% of the American population suffers from this ailment. There are different clinics across the country where one can get treated. But the most vital question that one needs to ask oneself is “what type of treatment is one interested in?” One can opt from non-invasive treatment to natural procedures as well as the option where injections will be use to relieve the pain! All the three different types of treatment mentioned have its own success rate. And it is up to the individual as well as the severity of the pain as to which treatment he should opt for.
Non Invasive Treatment Procedures:
If you are afraid of operations and are quite not in favor of injections then non invasive treatment is the safest bet for you. These treatments will help relieve the pain but they will not heal the ailment completely. Some of the popular options are strengthening exercises including physical therapy and over the counter drugs that will minimize the inflammatory pain. With these kind of treatments you always need to follow the acronym PRICE:
- P – Protection
- R – Rest
- I – Ice
- C – Compression
- E – Elevation
But if the pain still persists and results in swelling, buckling or locking of the joints and does not respond to the non invasive treatment and it is time that you visit a doctor and tell him or her about the pain and its symptoms.
Stem Cell Injection – another way of healing your knee pain:
This is a popular and effective means of treatment as the stem cell is collected from the patient’s body and hence there is very less chance of rejection by the body. Stem cells are generally collected from bone marrow, placenta, fat and even blood. It is the only cell in our body that has the capacity to morph into another variety of specialized cells so that you are healed of your pain. These stem cells have to formulate chondrocytes which then produces fresh cartilage. These cells play a significant role in healing the pain whereby they reduce inflammation, and ensure that knee functions can be carried out properly.
In order to treat the knee pain there are other injections as well that one can opt for in order to heal the pain. Some popular options include cortisone injections, PRP injections.
Viscosupplement injections are a great option for adults who are suffering from knee pain. This injection is directly injected into the knee where they create a cushion and supplement the damaged fluid in the joint so that the patient is relieved of the pain. Once injected this injection offers relief up to 6 months. Generally it is suggested that the patient should inject three to five weekly injections. However opt for this treatment only if your pain is in the first stage and is not responding well to oral medications.
Another option is the synthetic cortisone injections. They are a great option if you are looking for immediate relief from swelling and pain. Our own body produces cortisone from the adrenal gland when it experiences stress. However the injectable variety is made up of synthetic cortisone and is injected in the body in order to relieve the pain.
….And finally let us talk about the natural treatments for knee pain!
Natural treatments as we all know deals with all those activities that we can easily follow without disrupting our daily activities. It comprises of a variety of way and means that needs to be carried out simultaneously so as to get the desired results.
- Weight management: the first and foremost thing that you need to look into if you are suffering from knee pain is your weight. Most of the overweight persons suffer from this ailment. If you are not suffering from obesity then there are high chances of getting this pain under control. So watch out what you are eating. Meet a dietician and prepare your diet chart and yes stick to it if you wish to get well. Organic vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, poultry, fish, coconut oil, avocado, and walnut are a must while junk foods are a strict no-no!
- Exercise: Even if you are eating a balanced diet yet you need to exercise. In fact there is no alternative to it. And the moment you start exercising you will notice the difference. A proper diet with the correct set of exercises can bring about the required change.
- Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy: As per research individuals who undergo chiropractic care and physical therapy compared to those who exercise at home have a better chance of recovery. The therapy helps to reduce pain, minimize swelling, increases mobility and ensures functionality of the knee. In short it is a great way to keep your knee pain under control.
- Massage: when you are opting for massage make sure that the professional is a certified one. The right massage technique will encourage lymphatic drainage which in turn will detoxify your body. As a result the inflammation is reduced to a great extent and your blood circulation gets improved. In short the pain is minimized and you experience an overall sense of well being and relief.
- Apply Heat and Ice alternatively: Applying heat and ice alternatively is a great way to reduce the pain. When you are experiencing discomfort and swelling use the ice pack for 20 minutes on and 40 minutes off. Once the pain is minimized and there is no inflammation, use a heat pack for 20 minutes on and off. This technique will give you immediate relief for the time being.
It is advisable that before you go ahead and opt for any of these treatments you should visit a doctor and tell him or her all about the pain, its symptoms and side effects so that he can diagnose you and recommend which treatment is best for you and what you should opt for.