Healthy Aging® And Physical Fitness: Tips For Getting Started.
What’s good for the body is good for the spirit as well.
As people grow older, it is very important to keep motivated, to say to yourself,
“I can do it.”
Regular exercise is even more important for seniors than other age groups since the risk of disease and lost mobility is greater and the positive effects are realized more quickly. But, as we all know, the hardest part is getting started. . .
Tips for getting started:
- Look for daily opportunities to exercise in work and play. Force yourself to walk by parking your car several parking aisles away from the store or your office entrance and walk briskly!
- Choose an exercise you like and stick with it.
- Use the buddy system. Arrange to have a friend meet you – It’s harder to say no to exercise when you exercise with a friend.
- Walk, swim, climb, bicycle, dance, fish!
- Join a walking group or visit your local Y, recreation center, park, church, or senior center.
Be sure to check back for Next week’s Article: Healthy Aging And Physical Fitness: Do You Know How Much Exercise You Should Do To Stay Healthy? . . . or keep yourself up to date with what is going on at Belvidere Chiropractic Center by simply subscribing to Belvidere Chiropractic’s RSS Feed or to our Email Updates. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIN.
And please feel free to leave a comment below.