- Encourage physical activity of at least 60 total minutes a day. (Try for three 20 minute physical activities. A short walk around the mall, cleaning the house, or going to the playground.)
- Get your pet in on the action by giving it a good walk each day. (This will not only get you a better behaved pet as it will burn up excess energy and get tired, but it will also serve to make your entire family more fit. If you don’t have a pet, it wouldn’t hurt to rescue one.)
- Start a Saturday morning ritual. (Go bike riding, hill climbing, hiking, or walk / run the track at a local high school.)
- Play Sports or non-competitive alternatives (biking, jump rope, Frisbee).
- Change Your Routine activities (walk rather than taking the car; use the stairs rather than an elevator).
- Try some new physical hobbies (gardening, sightseeing, bowling).
- Have Family outings (apple picking, camping, fishing).
- Enjoy being outdoors (beach, swimming, hiking).
Make it FUN! This is important! If you and your family really enjoy the activities you are doing together you will be more inclined to make the time and do them.
Next Week: What are 12 Easy Things You Can Do to Promote Healthy Eating?
Followed by: What are 4 Easy Things You Can Do to Stimulate Your Minds? One week after that.
If you don’t want to miss the rest of this series just subscribe to the Email Updates HERE.
Or you can subscribe to the RSS Feed Here (See: What’s This?).
I hope you find this information useful and welcome any of your thoughts on this subject.
So, feel free to leave a comment below.