Most Mothers would certainly agree that they have the most difficult job in the world and it just so happens that current research shows a very strong evidence that the mother’s own dietary habits directly influences their children’s.
Today at least 20% of all children are now considered obese by the time they enter kindergarten! And since treatment of childhood obesity is very difficult, prevention is obviously more desirable.
So here are 10 Tips on Mom’s Diet to Help Prevent Obesity in Their Children:
- Eat 3 planned meals each day, plus 2 snacks, and avoid skipping meals.
- Limit serving sizes.
- Use a single designated place in the home for eating.
- Turning off the television during meals.
- Eat with all household members present whenever possible.
- Drink 2 glasses of milk a day.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Limit intake of soda and fast foods.
- Allow children to decide when they have had enough food, rather than forcing them to eat.
- And never use food as a reward.
We hope you found these simple tips helpful and that you use them to not only help prevent obesity in your children but also to help yourself become healthier too.
As always, we welcome any of your thoughts and would be glad to help answer any of your further questions you may have. So, if you’d like to, just leave a comment below or if you’d rather prefer it feel free to contact us through this site’s contact page.