Happy New Year!
To start off the new year, this month I have decided to mix it up a little and start an on going Frequently Asked Questions series.
My staff and I get a lot of questions from either our existing patients or people calling or e-mailing us through our contact page and we are happy to answer them for you. However, since many of you have the same or similar questions I have decided to write some posts on some of the more common questions we frequently get on a day to day basis about Chiropractic Care in general and the services we provide here at Belvidere Chiropractic Center.
Do you need Xrays to get your spine adjusted?
Many of you may be concerned about whether or not you’ll need x-rays when you visit a Chiropractor for treatment and it is one of the most frequently asked question we get.
Now while I’d love to tell a quick and easy answer whether or not you’ll need x-rays I can’t because as you probably guessed it ‘depends’. Basically, until you come in so we can first sit down and discuss your case and then I perform an examination to find out whether or not yours is a condition we can even treat only then can I determine if any films are or are not necessary.
Many factors are considered when making this decision for some examples:
- What is causing your particular problem?
- Is it actually being caused by something in your spine or is it something else?
- How long have you had the problem?
- Is it something that has just begun or has it been going on for a while now?
- Is the problem getting better, staying the same, or getting worse?
- Have you had any other diagnostic tests performed? Such as any X-rays, MRI’s, CAT scans, etc… and what where their results and can you get the films or reports so I can review them?
- Have you had any medical treatments drugs, therapies, or surgery and what were the results?
- Are you having any complications such as pain, numbness, or weakness in your arms or legs yet?
- Have you ever had any previous accidents or traumas even as a child that you can remember?
All these things and more are considered before I determine whether or not any x-rays are or are not necessary before you begin any treatments. Basically the x-rays, if any, in most cases will be used to find out exactly what is wrong with you and what kind of condition your spine is in and eliminates any guess work.
I don’t know about you but I personally wouldn’t want any guesswork done on anything as important as my health. Would you?
I hope you enjoy this FAQ series and would love it if you could suggest any other FAQ’s either by leaving a comment below, sending an e-mail via this site’s contact page, or by contacting me through Twitter.
And while you are at it, Get YOUR FREE copy of my eBook: An Easy Guide to a Healthy Lifestyle HERE.